Cloud Systems Administrator (US)
Thermeon is a Global technology group that was established in 1967 and has been writing rental software solutions since 1983. Today we supply the premier car rental software solution in the global vehicle rental industry, along with IT services, training and consultation derived from real understanding and experience of the industry.
Thermeon systems power the national and international corporate operations of some of the largest global car rental brands. Vehicle rental companies both large and small, corporate, franchise and independent use our software, advice and training.
Our products operate on a variety of platforms which span traditional and modern development languages and technologies, delivered as SaaS.
We are looking for a Cloud Systems Administrator to join our US team.
The Cloud Systems Administrator is responsible for managing the multiple instances of the cloud infrastructure services in conjunction with the Platform Support department. The professional also oversees, and maintains, multi-user computing environments as per the requirements of the organization.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the installation, configuration, and maintenance of virtual cloud instances in Google Compute Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Supports cloud servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Audits data backups for accuracy, tests restore capabilities, responsible for customer data redundancy.
- Works with internal staff and 3rd party vendors to update and communicate environment maintenance schedules, refresh schedules, and outages.
- Monitors and communicates system performance metrics and works with internal staff and 3rd party vendors to resolve any issues.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience supporting application and database servers
- Strong technical knowledge of virtual machines (IaaS, Writing Code (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS)).
- Experience administering both Linux and Microsoft cloud-based environments and respective hosted application(s) is an advantage
- Experience in Ansible, Puppet or similar Release Orchestration tools.
- Ability to think critically; to recognize and anticipate a problem (technical/operational) and to identify and implement the best solution in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies (new to the organization as well as those that are new to the information systems industry).
- Ability to develop an in-depth knowledge of the organization’s information architecture and information management methodology.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work with others in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Enthusiastic, dynamic self-starter able to own issues to conclusion
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in managing cloud operations infrastructure