Linux Systems Administrator (AU)
Thermeon is a Global technology group that was established in 1967 and has been writing rental software solutions since 1983. Today we supply the premier car rental software solution in the global vehicle rental industry, along with IT services, training and consultation derived from real understanding and experience of the industry.
Thermeon systems power the national and international corporate operations of some of the largest global car rental brands. Vehicle rental companies both large and small, corporate, franchise and independent use our software, advice and training.
Our products operate on a variety of platforms which span traditional and modern development languages and technologies, delivered as SaaS.
We are looking for a modern-day technology enthusiast experienced in DevOps, to join our AU team migrating existing platforms to GCP.
About the business
Thermeon are specialists in car rental and reservation solutions. With more than 30 years in the industry, our CARS+ product is platform of choice for many of the best known rental brands.
About the role
Thermeon are looking for a modern-day technology enthusiast experienced in Agile / Scrum / Kanban principles. The role involves working in a proactive environment where taking ownership of and managing problems to conclusion is key.
Benefits and perks
- Flexible/Remote working
- Small and friendly local team with support from colleagues across the globe
Skills and experience
- Have excellent:
- Linux, zsh/bash, ssh, vim/emacs
- Server build, updates, patching experience
- Computer networking
- Operations experience
- Have a strong working knowledge of:
- One or more programming/scripting languages
- Web services and web servers
- Databases, relational and NoSQL
- Google Cloud (or AWS/Azure) including Terraform and Kubernetes
- Agile working practices including scrum and Kanban
- Private & public cloud hosting environments
- Strong technology interests
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Be good at planning and organising their own time and able to meet targets and deadlines without supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Approachable manner with both colleagues and team members
- Be resourceful and practical with an ability to respond positively and quickly to technical and business challenges
- Be persuasive, articulate and influential, but down to earth and friendly with own team and colleagues
- Have an ability to establish relationships quickly and to work effectively either as part of a team or singularly
- Be customer focused with both internal and external customers
- Be capable of remaining calm under pressure
- Technically minded with good problem resolution skills and systematic manner
- Excellent documentation skills
- Prepared to participate in an out of hours support rota